Science is the best. It gave us iPhones, the internet, vaccines, and the Kardashians. Without it we’d be wallowing in caves with a stick for entertainment, dying by fifteen from polio and tuberculosis and popping babies out all over the place like human Pez-dispensers. Worst of all, we wouldn’t be able to stalk our friends on Facebook and that’d make life a f*cking disaster. But science can also make some pretty cool gifs for us to enjoy. There’s stuff blowing up and… uh… it’s mainly just a gallery of stuff blowing up but seriously, it’s really cool. So just browse.
1. Potassium Volcano here to bring some razzle dazzle to your grey and sullen lives!!!
2. So pretty! I want to try this myself but I would probably kill all the people alive today.
3. Science isn’t just pretty, it can be pretty metal af too
4. This is the coolest thing I have EVER seen
5. RISE MY CHILD! RISE!
6. I screamed the whole time I watched this
7. There and back again
8. Zero gravity looks like so much fun!
9. Small things are dope
Using various small-scale writing techniques to visualize the transition from the nano scale to the visible world using a penny
10. Luminol and Hydrogen Peroxide!
11. Indium and Gallium create a kickass liquid metal alloy when rubbed together
12. Skipping sodium across a lake is like the Expendables
13. Oooooh! This is like a bassline!
14. Molten salt + Water is shockingly badass
15. Dichloromethane going wild on water!
Article Image: TheBackyardScientist