Wetherspoons is a British institution. The pints are cheap, the food is fast and nobody can resist a Curry Club and a beer. You can now show your love for the pub chain in a way you might not have considered before, by actually getting married there. Yes, you read right. You can get. Married. At. Wetherspoons. Call your boyfriend/girlfriend now.
For an absolute bargain of just £3000 you can get an all-inclusive package including food, booze, decorations and of course the classy venue itself. The tables might be a little sticky and the carpet might be a bit thin, but doesn't your partner deserve to know what an important role a cheap Jaegerbomb played in bringing you two together? The price includes:
• exclusive use of the venue – Sat until 1am; Sun until midnight.
• three-course sit-down meal or buffet for 100 people.
• sparkling wine for the toast (up to 100 guests).
• wine on the table – Coldwater Creek wine to accompany the meal.
• table decorations.
• post-meal capacity for 300 people.
• live DJ and wedding host
But before you run out to book, only one Wetherspoons has a wedding license at the moment and that's The Knights Templar in London. If enough of us get hitched there maybe they'd consider rolling the licenses out to every branch in the UK, and wouldn't that be something.