A woman in Jacksonville was left distraught after her 13-year-old chihuahua passed away during a fire. The accident was caused by the woman lighting a cigarette while sharing her pure oxygen with Hercules, the little chihuahua. The Florida woman is quoted as saying,
“I feel like I played a hand in killing my dog.”
Yeah you kinda did. Not to be that guy but you actually 100% did. This can’t really count as an act of God can it? It wasn’t like lightning came down and struck the little guy while he was taking his morning poop.
First off, you were sharing your oxygen with your dog. I don’t know if dogs are big fans of pure-oxygen but that’s a pretty weird thing to share with your dog. Second, you need an oxygen tank but you also decided to keep smoking? Again, I’m not here to judge, but the image of someone alternating between heaving gasps on an oxygen mask and a cigarette is... well it’s not exactly smart. And third, you gave your dog oxygen and then lit a cigarette. and your whole *double checks* trailer (was it ever gonna be anything else?) goes up in flames.
That is 100% on you. It’s an honest mistake… but it’s still a mistake. You gotta own your mistakes.
The good news, really, is that the woman made it out alive and that her sister set up a GoFundMe account for her that did quite well. So only the poor chihuahua was hurt, but this could have resulted in a human fatality and only narrowly didn’t. So there’s that.
Topics: News, US News, Animals, Pets