At a second-hand electronics market in China, a lithium battery exploded in a man's face after he bit into it.
The unnamed man had been inspecting the iPhone to see if the battery inside was fake, which is apparently a big problem in the second-hand electronics market in the Asian country, and the whole phone blew up in his face. It looks like he's shopping around with his girlfriend, who actually asks him to double check the nature of the battery even though the lithium batteries used in the real iPhones can't be removed unless by a trained technician. Clearly he decided the best way to check it out would be to chomp down on the questionable battery and watch it go up in explosive flames before his eyes.
Amazingly, the man is apparently unharmed and can be seen dropping the phone in shock as other customers turn to look at him. The video of the bizarre incident was captured on the store's CCTV camera was posted on the Chinese video sharing site miaopai.com and is racking in at a total 4.45 million times. The battery might have been very old or could have been fake, as suspected. It's not clear yet how or why the accident happened, but there is a solid kernel of advice that we can all learn from nestled in here. Don't bite batteries, don't take a risk on second-hand Chinese electronics and definitely don't combine the two.