A man was arrested on Friday after a friend of his was hospitalised and died as a result of his injuries. The victim was 40-year-old Ravindra Kumar and he died as a result of “rectal complications” after he was rushed to hospital by a co-worker and his boss. After Kumar’s death the doctors phoned the police to inform them of the suspicious circumstance surrounding Kumar’s injuries. After they arrested his co-worker, the man confessed to the charges of culpable homicide not amounting to murder.
The cause of death?
Kumar had been working at Laxmi traders when his co-worker and friend decided to play a prank on him. It was about 10am when Kumar bent over to pick something up, exposing a little bit of his bum. His co-worker who was holding a canister of compressed air decided to do something that wasn’t very smart. He quickly inserted the nozzle in Kumar’s anus and cranked the air flow open.
“As Kumar's some body part was exposed, Mishra inserted pressure pipe inside his trouser, and switched the lever on. Due to high pressure, air forcibly entered into Kumar's abdomen through rectum," one officer told reporters.
Little did he realise just how seriously dangerous the prank was going to be. Kumar was left incapacitated by his injuries and was rushed to hospital by his boss and friend who tried to deceive doctors about what had happened. The doctors, however, recognised that the duo were lying to them. After 30 hours spent battling his injuries Kumar passed away, and doctors decided to phone the police to inform them about Kumar’s suspicious death. Speaking to reporters one officer said:
“The hospital informed us about the patient, and when we interrogated Mishra, he confessed to the crime.
“Mishra has been arrested by outer district police. He is booked under the relevant IPC section of culpable homicide not amounting to murder,” he added.
Believe it or not an almost identical case played out last year when a Chinese man died after three co-workers held him down and used a compressed canister of air to shoot a high pressure blast of air into his rectum. They too rushed their friend to hospital when it became clear that he was severely injured, but the man passed away regardless and the three workers were arrested because of their irresponsible behaviour.