Dads get a lot of crap. They’re usually portrayed as bumbling idiots in commercials, lazy and clueless in sitcoms and often as total assholes in movies. But it’s not accurate. Lots of dads are good, lots are crap, most are in between and they all tell terrible jokes. Oh yes! The dad joke. We all know it. But a less well-known dad-phenomenon (dadomenon?) is the dad-reflex. It’s a kind of spider-sense and it’s the ability of dads to inherently detect incoming danger. It’s saved many lives. How do they do it? Nobody knows. But we’re celebrating it anyway with this list of twelve times dads saved the day!
1. Two babies, one dad, one kickass moment of ninja reflexes
Dad reflex of a bike mechanic saved not only 1 but 2 children!
2. He felt a disturbance in the couch
Sleeping dad feels a disturbance in the couch
3. Baseball dad saving the day
4. So this guy isn’t saving the kid but dayum, it’s still pretty cool
When mom isn't home
5. Some dads don’t have babies, doesn’t mean they can’t save the day
6. This is why I watch racing on TV
Your Worst Fear Come True: Rally Car Narrowly Misses Kid
7. Epic save from a wakeboarding dad
Dad with the quick grab
8. SAVE THE CAKE, SAVE THE DAY
"Happy birthday to the grou-"
9. That’s some major last-minute save
Dad mode activated
10. This guy’s saving kids that aren’t even his!
Seasoned dad shows new dad the ropes.
11. Boating dad to the rescue!
Dad saves son from falling into the ocean
12. Dads never sleep!
Dad Reflexes don't sleep